St. Abraam Ministry
"So let each one give as he purposes in his heart,
not grudgingly or of necessity;
for God loves a cheerful giver."
(2 Corinthians 9:7)
Care of Persecuted Families in Egypt:
Such tragedies call for immediate actions of love. St Abraam Ministry responds by providing food, shelter, clothing, spiritual support and financial aid to Christians suffering the effects of persecution. The goals of St Abraam Ministry under this program are:
- To provide financial assistance to the devastated persecuted families in order to relief the shock of sudden crisis and help them to restore their houses, stores, pharmacies or their places of work.
- To provide financial assistance to meet with the urgent basic needs to live, such as food, shelter, clothing, etc. until the restoration of the financial status of the families.
- To provide a voice for believers who are suffering for their faith, to rally prayer, moral and spiritual support for them and supply some of their spiritual needs.
Adoption of Needy Families in Egypt:
Many families have dramatic moving stories finding themselves without any means of income and usually turn to their small church in the village to ask for help. Some of the needy families have lost their fathers and providers because of their death at an early age because of the lack of good medical care. The goals of St Abraam Ministry under this program are:
1. To provide regular financial assistance to the needy families in Egypt in order to relief their daily struggles to meet the most basic needs to live, such as food, shelter, clothing, etc. to provide better life for the hope for a better future for their children.
2. To provide financial assistance to cover the seasonal and occasional needs of the adopted families such as holidays, marriages, sickness, education etc.
Hospitality to New Immigrant Families:
In his epistle to the Hebrews, St Paul said, “Do not forget or neglect or refuse to extend hospitality to strangers [in the brotherhood—being friendly, cordial, and gracious, sharing the comforts of your home and doing your part generously], for through it some have entertained angels without knowing it” (Hebrews 13:2, AMP).
St Abraam Ministry invites you to hospitalize one of such new families for a short period and to help them in their relocation needs. The goals of St Abraam Ministry under this program are:
1. To provide welcoming atmosphere with loving Christian family for a short period until they find room or apartment for their living.
2. Provide financial assistance such as rent deposit and/or first month rent, if needed.
Concierge Services to New Immigrant Families:
1- Transportation services to new families from and to travel destinations.
2- Accompany to Social Security, Welfare, Motor vehicle and school offices.
3- Help the family to understand the mail they receive.
4- Balance checkbooks and prepare bills for signature.
5- Resolve insurance, Medicaid issues.
6- Accompany to shopping and recreation
7- Help in finding jobs.
8- Home or apartment findings
Educational Services to New Immigrant Families:
1- Language lessons [ESL]
2- Tutoring new comers students [Math, Science, English, …etc.]
3- Counseling new comers students
4- Teach how to use computer, Internet and cell phones
If God moved your heart with compassion toward the needy, the afflicted and the strangers then you are welcomed to be a member of St Abraam Ministry. You may volunteer now to serve with St Abraam Ministry, wherever you are, join any of the charitable programs of St Abraam Ministry and/or simply contribute with your prayers and donations.
St Abraam Ministry – Fr Abraam Sleman
Mailing Address: PO Box 6909, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Phone: (732) 718-4129
Email: [email protected]
All donations are tax deductible